>>666
わいはインター行ったかどうかも怪しんでるがな
ちゃんと読めるか?

It was early in our courtship that I realized the guy I was dating, with whom I now cohabit, wasn’t laughing at my jokes.
Well actually, he may have been laughing at my jokes, and in fact I thought he was laughing at my jokes, because he consistently responded with boisterous HAHAHAs to my humorous text messages.

It was flattering. Except when I made a joke that clearly wasn’t that funny ― perhaps only worthy of a single ha ― and suddenly it dawned on me that his typical HAHAHA reply (that’s three HAs, no spaces, all caps) was formulaic.
Which could mean only one thing: This was not indicative of an actual measurement of laughter, but merely of the autocorrect function on his phone that had memorized a HA sequence.
I was the idiot thinking I was hilarious and he was just sooo into me.

Textual representations of laughter go back at least to Chaucer, who fancied the onomatopoeic “haha” to convey merriment in his writing.
(Shakespeare preferred a more staccato “ha, ha, he.”)
But neither Chaucer nor Shakespeare could have predicted the universe of meaning that now exists in the subtle nuance between those two expressions.
These days, a HAHAHA versus a ha in a text can indicate the difference between “I’m dying laughing” and “I literally never want to see you again.”